Short Courses / Technical
ETC Ion Training at Mermaid Arts Centre, 15th & 16th Aug
ETC Europe, The Lir Academy and Production Services Ireland are proud to present a series of 2 day ETC training at various levels on the Ion console.
Course InformationCourse Begins: 15/08/19
Duration: 2 days
If you have any further questions, enquire and we'll contact you.
ETC’s Eos family of consoles provides power that is elegant, approachable, and scalable. These upcoming hands-on training events will give you the opportunity to explore firsthand the features and functions of these amazing control systems.
These classes are taught by lighting designer Kevin Smith. The sessions will include the use of Ion Classic, the new Ion XE and the Element consoles. During the 2 day courses you will be introduced to the basics and nuances of this high-level control system and you walk away with more confidence in using your ETC console (and maybe a learn few new tips and tricks).
The course will give you a solid foundation of console operation and prepare you to expand your skills.
You’ll learn about Ion’s major functions and how to navigate the desks with ease.
This course is intended for those with a background in lighting. It is suitable for those who have no experience with the EOS family series or for those who are self taught looking to improve their proficiency.
Key concepts covered include
· Identify key elements of the desk’s user interface and navigation
· Manage show files (save, edit, delete)
· Patch conventional and multi-parameter fixtures
· Work with channels in Live mode
· Record, select and delete groups
· Record, play and delete a basic cue
· Record to, load and clear submasters
· Create step-based effects
· Understand the basics of working with a multi-parameter device (introductory concepts)
Space is limited: only 12 seats are available for each session. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. The course is free to attend.
Thurs 15th Aug 2pm-6pm
Fri 16th Aug 9am – 6pm