Short Courses / Technical
ETC EOS Console Training: Expanded | An Grianán Letterkenny
1 day / 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
ETC Europe, The Lir Academy and Production Services Ireland are proud to present a series of ETC console training days at various levels on the Ion console.
Course InformationCourse Begins: Fri 07 Apr 2023
Duration: 1 day, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
If you have any further questions, enquire and we'll contact you.
ETC's Eos family of consoles provides power that is elegant, approachable, and scalable. These hands-on training events will give you the opportunity to explore first-hand the features and functions of these powerful control systems.
The classes are taught by lighting designer Kevin Smith. The sessions will include a hardware overview of Nomad, Element, Element 2, Ion, Ion Xe, Gio @5, Gio, Eos Ti and Apex consoles. During the courses you will be introduced to the basics and nuances of this high-level control system and you will leave with more confidence in using your ETC console.
We have recently restructured the Eos training model. We now provide: Eos Essentials (previously Level 1 and Level 2 combined), EOS Expanded (previously Level 3) and EOS Advanced (previously Level 4). An EOS Expert course if offered on request subject to demand.
Courses options are as follows. Each course is a 1-day course.
- Eos Essentials
- Eos Expanded
- Eos Advanced
- Eos Amplify for Theatre
This course is designed for those who are familiar with Eos®-family terminology, already know the layout of the desk. This class is intended to build on your knowledge, and make you faster. You will learn how to manage referenced data, the building blocks for any show. We will look at processes and build the skills you need as a programmer to be able to ensure a smooth and consistent workflow. You will learn to use effects, macros, marking and magic sheets in addition to a host of other tools and features.
Key concepts covered include
• Record and recall Palettes and Presets
• Use advanced palette and preset modifiers
• Use advanced patch functions, such as copying and moving show data, editing fixture profiles, and
• Use advanced selection and manual control features
• Define and use Highlight, Lowlight, and custom RemDim
• Use the fan function on encoders, the command line, and for references
• Control multiple-intensity fixtures
• Use advanced cues, like Multipart, and multi-list
• Create and use Macros
• Understand and use Update, Mark, and other cue attributes
• Take advantage of Discrete Timing and Multipart cues
• Create and use Effects
• Create and use Magic Sheets
Accompanying training materials can be downloaded https://www.etcconnect.com/wor...
In an effort to be a green as possible we do not print manuals. We ask that participants have downloaded the
material in advance of the session.