Summer and Smoke
by Tennessee Williams
If you have any further questions or wish to book over the phone, call us on +353 (0) 1 896 2559
"Don't you think there is always something unspoken between two people?"
Alma and Johnny have lived close to each other all their lives but couldn’t be more further apart. Alma is the preacher’s daughter. She tries to maintain an appearance of respectability to the point of neurosis. Her name means ‘soul’ and she lives by it, seeking the fulfillment of the spirit. Johnny is the doctor’s son. Respectability is something he tries to avoid at all costs, destroying his reputation by seeking the pleasures of the flesh. Can they truly come to know each other, or will their relationship always be strained by things left unsaid?
This amateur production of “Summer and Smoke” is presented by special arrangement with SAMUEL FRENCH LTD a Concord Theatricals Company.
This show contains loud noises and scenes of violence.
- Director Joe Dowling
- Set and Costume Design Jack Scullion
- Lighting Designer Cillian McNamara
- Sound Designer Jack Cawley
- Hair and Make Up Val Sherlock
- Fight Director Ciaran O'Grady
- Alma Alison Oliver
- John Buchanan Ben Waddell
- Nellie / Mrs Bassett / Pearl Natalie Dix
- Reverend Winemiller / Vernon Leo Hanna
- Mrs Winemiller / Rosa / Rosemary Eavan Gaffney
- Doctor John Buchanan Snr / Archie Kramer / Dusty Witt Tarantino
- Roger Doremus / Gonzales Barry Simpson
- Company Stage Manager Georgia Piano
- Deputy Stage Manager Grace Donnery
- Assistant Stage Manager Christopher Merton
- LX Programmer / Operator Borg Dora Benediktsdóttir
- Set Construction HOD Gavin Kennedy
- Sound Design Coordinator Thomas Barry
- Costume Supervisor Colm Lombard
- Prop Maker Meabh Crowe
- Chief LX Gavin Mooney