Summer and Smoke
by Tennessee Williams
"Don't you think there is always something unspoken between two people?"
Alma and Johnny have lived close to each other all their lives but couldn’t be more further apart. Alma is the preacher’s daughter. She tries to maintain an appearance of respectability to the point of neurosis. Her name means ‘soul’ and she lives by it, seeking the fulfillment of the spirit. Johnny is the doctor’s son. Respectability is something he tries to avoid at all costs, destroying his reputation by seeking the pleasures of the flesh. Can they truly come to know each other, or will their relationship always be strained by things left unsaid?
This amateur production of “Summer and Smoke” is presented by special arrangement with SAMUEL FRENCH LTD a Concord Theatricals Company.
This show contains loud noises and scenes of violence.
- Company Stage Manager Georgia Piano
- Deputy Stage Manager Grace Donnery
- Assistant Stage Manager Christopher Merton
- LX Programmer / Operator Borg Dora Benediktsdóttir
- Set Construction HOD Gavin Kennedy
- Sound Design Coordinator Thomas Barry
- Costume Supervisor Colm Lombard
- Prop Maker Meabh Crowe
- Chief LX Gavin Mooney