by Maxim Gorky (In a version by Nick Dear)
“Why not spend the summer here, have a drink and a laugh, settle your nerves…”
A diverse group of middle-class, metropolitan-types arrive down the country to spend the summer in their picturesque holiday homes. In the heat and the haze, their boredom and indifference is unsettled by gossip, alcohol and unrequited love. A new reality is brewing outside the gates, and threatens to shake the foundations of their idyllic existence. How will they react?
Written in 1904 as revolution was starting to loom on the horizon, Maxim Gorky’s Russian classic, translated by Nick Dear, explores action and inaction, despair and hope, whether people can change, and whether art can transform the world.
Please note that this show will not be livestreamed.
The lottery for tickets is now closed.
In line with public health advice we would ask that all patrons please adhere to the following guidelines when attending a production at The Lir Academy:
Please keep a distance of 2m between yourself and other patrons at all times.
Please wear a face covering at all times inside the venue. If you forget your mask you can purchase one from The Lir box office upon arrival.
Contactless payments are requested where possible.
Please refrain from hand shakes or making close contact with other patrons or staff while in the venue pre or post show in the studio or the public spaces.
Sanitise your hands regularly using the sanitising stations provided
No physical tickets will be issued, patrons must present their booking confirmation printed in paper format or presented directly from their smart device.
Latecomers will be accommodated where possible for all of our productions. Details as per each show’s policy regarding this will be detailed in each patron’s booking confirmation.
Patrons should note that the bar will not be open for this production.
We please ask that patrons not come to the venue if they are displaying Covid - 19 symptoms and to please refer to the most recent public health advice at hse.ie or phone HSE Live on 1850 24 1850.
(We invite you to read our full Covid-19 safety measures for public access here: The Lir Academy COVID-19 Resumption of Activity Masterplan)
- Sergei Bassov Macleod Stephen
- Varvara Bassova Rebecca Raeburn
- Kaleria Taylor McClaine
- Vlass Molly Whelan
- Pyotr Suslov Jeremy Martin
- Yulia Suslova Honi Cooke
- Karolina (Karol) Dudakova Shona Gibson
- Olga Dudakova Meave Bradley
- Yasha Shamilov Chloe O’Reilly
- Pavel Ryumin Cathal Ryan
- Maria Lvovna Terri Donovan
- Sonya Julie Crowe
- Semyon Dvoetochie Coleman Pedigo
- Nikolai Zamislov Liam Bixby
- Max Zimin / Kropilkin Benedict Landsbert-Noon
- Pustobaika Darragh Feehely
- Production Manager Gavin Kennedy
- Technical Stage Manager Melania Sulowska
- Company Stage Manager Alannah O’Leary
- Deputy Stage Manage Grace Donnery
- Assistant Stage Manager Síle Mahon
- Costume Supervisor Rachel Ellen Bollard
- Chief LX Adam Malone
- Venue Tech Síofra Nic Liam
- LX Programmer/Operator Lucy Varley
- Set HOD Eoin Daly
- Scenic HOD Colm Lombard
- Sound Evan Keogh