Women in Technical Theatre
A collaboration between The Lir Academy and the Abbey Theatre with an aim to introduce young women to careers in lighting, sound and stage management.
Women in Technical Theatre is a collaboration between The Lir National Academy of Dramatic Art and the Abbey Theatre which aims to introduce young women to careers in lighting, sound and stage management.
The purpose of the roadshow is to engage female pupils from secondary level schools throughout Ireland by presenting and facilitating workshops geared towards increasing awareness of technical theatre, stage management and the importance that these departments play in the professional creation of a live performance.
These workshops will be designed and overseen by industry professionals who lead technical departments at The Lir Academy.
The performance aspect of the workshop will be led by an Abbey Theatre drama facilitator with experience of working with young people.
Supported by Bank of America, Access and Learning Partner of the Abbey Theatre.
Dates: 13 – 30 November
Running Time: 120 minutes, venue dependent
Dates for Women in Technical Theatre workshops 2023:
- Nov 13 – Garage Theatre, Monaghan
- Nov 14 – The Linenhall Arts Centre, Mayo
- Nov 15 – Ramor Theatre, Cavan
- Nov 16 – The Glens Centre, Manorhamilton, Leitrim
- Nov 17 – Black Box Theatre, Galway
- Nov 20 – An Grianán, Letterkenny, Donegal
- Nov 21 – Roscommon Arts Centre, Roscommon
- Nov 22 – The Dock, Carrick on Shannon, Leitrim
- Nov 23 – Aras Inis Guaire, Belmullet, Mayo
- Nov 28 – Glór, Ennis, Clare
- Nov 29 – Friar’s Gate Theatre, Kilmallock, Limerick
- Nov 30 – Lime Tree Theatre, Limerick
Please contact venues directly to make a booking.