We have committed to the Statement of Guiding Principles on Fundraising.
These voluntary principles aim to:
- Improve fundraising practice
- Promote high levels of accountability and transparency by organisations fundraising from the public
- Provide clarity and assurances to donors and prospective donors about the organisations they support
- Read our Donor Charter, Feedback and Complaints Procedure and details of how we comply with the Principles.
As a charity seeking donations from the public The Lir Academy aims to comply with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness. We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in The Lir Academy.
We promise we will effectively apply your gifts to us for their intended purposes.
We commit that you, our donors and prospective donors will:
- Be informed of the organisation’s vision and mission, and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired third party agents.
- Have easily available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists and to be informed if the organisation intends to share the mailing lists with third parties.
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of the organisation.
Feedback & Complaints
The Lir Academy is committed to ensuring that all our communications and dealings with the general public and our supporters are of the highest possible standard. We listen and respond to the views of the general public and our supporters so that we can continue to improve our communications.
We aim to ensure that:
- It is as easy as possible to make a complaint;
- We treat as a complaint: any clear expression of dissatisfaction with our operations which calls for a response;
- We treat it seriously whether it is made by telephone, letter, fax, email or in person;
- We deal with it quickly and politely;
- We respond appropriately with actions taken to rectify and/ or further information;
- We learn from complaints, use them to improve, and monitor them at management and Board level.
If you do have any feedback or a complaint about any aspect of our work, you can contact The Lir Academy in writing or by telephone.
In the first instance, your comment will be dealt with by our Chief Executive Officer.
Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond, providing relevant contact using the contact details below.
Public Compliance Statement
The Lir Academy is committed to complying with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising and has formally discussed and adopted the Statement at a meeting of our Board. The Lir Academy confirms its commitment to the principles set out in the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising by a statement to that effect in its annual report.
We demonstrate our commitment by:
- Having Donor Charter which is consistent with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
- Regularly monitor compliance with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising and report on compliance regularly to our Board.
- Considering the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising when planning all fundraising activity.
- Providing honest, open and transparent disclosure when fundraising from the public.
- Having a senior member of staff who is specifically responsible for compliance with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising
- Ensuring that fundraising staff are provided with information and training on the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising and its implementation.
- Having a feedback and complaints procedure consistent with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
- Preparing our financial reports consistent with the requirements of the Charities Act 2009, including a statement concerning the extent to which control of the organisation is independent of its funding sources.
- Ensuring that all donations are tracked and recorded and comply with data protection requirements.
- Ensuring our organisation is accessible to the public through a number of readily available contact options.
We are registered with the Charities Regulatory Authority with the Charities Section of the Revenue Commissioners RCN: 20076689.
If you do have a comment about any aspect of our work, you can contact The Lir Academy in writing or by telephone. In the first instance, your comment will be dealt with by our Development Manager. Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond, providing relevant contact details.
The Lir Academy of Dramatic Art, Trinity Technology & Enterprise Campus, Pearse Street, Dublin 2, Ireland.