Short Courses / Acting
Fundamentals of Acting
20 weeks / Saturdays / 10.30am - 5.30pm
This Saturday course will introduce students to the fundamentals of Acting Technique for Stage & Screen. Taught by The Lir's experienced teachers you will learn the core skills every actor needs. No audition required. You can pay for this course through instalments.
Course InformationType: Beginners
Duration: 20 weeks, Saturdays, 10.30am - 5.30pm
When: Summer, Weekends, Part-time
The Fundamentals of Acting programme mirrors the work on our Introduction to Acting, Character Development and Screen Acting Courses with additional work on audition technique and self-taping. The course will conclude with a scene showing to invited family and friends.
- Participants must be 18+
- Fluency in the English language is essential
Who is this course suitable for?
- Those with no prior experience
- Those who wish to build their confidence in their acting skills in a safe, professionally-driven environment
- Someone who wishes to work with like-minded peers
- Anyone interested in learning the fundamentals of acting
- Anyone considering applying for drama school
- Those wishing to improve audition skills
- Students based outside Dublin who would have difficulty attending midweek
- Acting Technique
- Voice & Dialect
- Contemporary Text
- Screen Acting
- Audition Technique
- Scene Study
- Rehearsal Process
- Audition Technique
Note: Short courses are non-refundable and there is no cooling-off period.
The Lir Academy cannot provide accommodation.
Read about The Lir Academy Tutors here.
A Payment Plan option is available for this course via our partners Humm Ireland. To apply for a payment plan for this course please visit https://www.shophumm.com/ie/. Once your finance agreement is in place with Humm, please email email@example.com to begin the booking process. Alternatively, you can also arrange instalment payments directly with us. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
The Lir Academy continues to be guided by the HSE guidelines in relation to Covid-19. You can see more here.