by Polly Teale
If you have any further questions or wish to book over the phone, call us on +353(0)1 896 2559
Polly Teale’s Brontë explores the life of the Brontë sisters. Their deepest thoughts and most shameful desires and their silent rebellion against their assigned roles, as they write their three literary masterpieces: Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, and The Tenant of Wildfell Hall.
In a society with well-determined roles for men and women, Charlotte, Emily and Anne defy all norms, writing mad and passionate characters from the confinement of their conservative home and their domestic lives. But what lies beneath their writing?
Discover the Brontës as you have never seen them before in a story that blurs the lines between fiction and reality. Brontë is a contemporary play about wanting more, breaking conventions and facing the consequences.
This is an amateur production. By arrangement with Nick Hern Books.
This show contains sensitive content.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PERFORMANCE ON WEDNESDAY 29TH MAY STARTS AT 7.15PM.
- Director David Horan
- Set and Costume Designer Maree Kearns
- Lighting Designer Kevin Smith
- Production Manager Des Kenny
- Sound Designer Ivan Birthistle
- Hair and Makeup Val Sherlock
- Assistant Director Erin Blackmore
- Assistant Set Designer Rathaya Treeratt
- Assistant Lighting Designer Matt Burke
- Assistant Costume Designer Laura Fajardo
- Company Stage Manager/ Deputy Stage Manager Ilona McCormick
- Assistant Production Manager Sarah-Jane Williams
- Assistant Stage Manager Mark Jackson
- Chief LX Odhran Duigan
- LX Programmer Operator Georgia Piano
- Set Construction HOD Rory Donnelly
- Sound Design Coordinator Scott Maguire
- Costume Supervisor Karen-Ann Clancy
- Scenic Artist HOD Fiona Craddock
- Props Maker Josh Roxby
- SX Operator Aoife O'Rourke