by Zinnie Harris
If you have any further questions or wish to book over the phone, call us on +353 (0) 1 896 2559
“My horse for your boy!”
During the bleakest of winters, at the end of a decade-long war. Maud is dragging a dead horse to the middle of nowhere. As she prepares to devour it, she makes a deal with an old man to take his starving grandson under her protection.
As her husband returns from the war, the struggle to start over turns into a second conflict and once again Maud is faced with her most bitter decision.
A numbing examination of the strength of the human condition in the face of extreme circumstances.
Midwinter was first presented at The Swan Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon, in October 2004.
The Lir Academy presents Gradfest 2021 with the support of AIB.
Please see the programme here.
- Director Eftychia Spyridaki
- Set and Costume Designer Florentina Burcea
- Lighting Designer Michael Rathburn
- Sound Designer Chris Merton
- Propsmaker Shauna O’Neill
- Maud Chloe O'Reilly
- Sirin/Trent Taylor McClaine
- Grenville Cathal Ryan
- Leonard Coleman Pedigo
- Company Stage Manager Aoife O'Rourke
- Deputy Stage Manager Síle Mahon
- Assistant Stage Manager Iris Liange
- Costume Eoin Daly
- Chief LX Síofra Nic Liam
- LX Op Evan Keogh
- Hair and Makeup Sarah O’Rourke
- Scenic Claudia Lamantea