by William Shakespeare
If you have any further questions or wish to book over the phone, call us on +353(0)1 896 2559
This new contemporary adaptation at The Lir Academy turns William Shakespeare’s classical tale into a modern-day take on the refugee crisis, in a story of resilience and hope.
When Antiochus, the malign ruler of Syria becomes a threat, Pericles must escape conflict and flee his country, risking his life at sea. In this modern-day adaptation of one of Shakespeare's Romances, Pericles becomes a refugee, a modern hero. His strength and resilience will be tested by the Gods as he seeks asylum in different lands, meets love, faces loss and is ultimately restored to his rightful place.
Conall Morrison brings a unique spin to a classic text , a remarkable play that fuses struggle and strife with love, magic and redemption.
This production contains strobe lighting, smoke effects and loud noises.
- Pericles Tiernan Messitt-Greene
- Antiochus / Leonine Cillian Lenaghan
- Cleon Patrick Martins
- Boult / Helicanus / Second Fisherman Alex Murphy
- Lysimachus / Thaliard Felix Brown
- Pander / First Fisherman Éanna Grogan
- Baud / Lychorida Amy Kidd
- Dynonyza Eloïse Stevenson
- Simonides Kathy McGarry
- Thaisa Maura Bird
- Cerimon Meadhbh Maxwell
- Marina / Antiochus' Daughter Éilish McLaughlin
- Company Stage Manager Leanne Vaughey
- Deputy Stage Manager Fiona Cradock
- Assistant Stage Manager Eavan Gribbon
- Chief LX Daire Cavanagh
- LX Programme Operator Ilona McCormick
- Set Construction HOD Mark Jackson
- Sound Design Coordinator John Norton
- Costume Supervisor Nicole Darragh
- Scenic Artist HOD Natalia Dobrowolska