The Lir @ The Light House
by The Lir Academy in partnership with The Light House Cinema
We are celebrating three years of short films created at The Lir Academy with a special screening for students in partnership with The Light House cinema in Smithfield.
Each year our Acting and Stage Management and Technical Theatre students collaborate with professional filmmakers to produce short films as part of their courses. Over the past three years, we have produced a rich body of work, six brand new short films which will be premiered over two programmes, both followed by a Q&A session with the filmmakers.
Programme One | Cinema 3 | 1.00pm
- SOMEWHAT DISSATISFIED by Damien O’Donnell
- Waiting by Sinéad O'Loughlin
- Make Up by Sinéad O'Loughlin
- Q & A with Damien O‘Donnell & Sinéad O'Loughlin
Programme Two | Cinema 3 | 3.30pm
- Somewhere Here by Juanita Wilson
- The Yoga Mat Massacre by Conor McMahon
- Break Time by Conor McMahon
- Clean Slate by Conor McMahon
- Q & A with Juanita Wilson & Conor McMahon
Screenings are open to students and alumni who particiapted in the films, and will take place at The Light House cinema on Tuesday 22 November 2022.
Tickets are free, booking is required, and each programme will be ticketed individually.
- Director Conor McMahon
- Director Damien O’Donnell
- Director Juanita Wilson
- Director Sinéad O'Loughlin