The Sugar Wife
by Elizabeth Kuti
“Captured at the height of [her] rage”
To produce the sugar, to taste the sweetness, the essence needs to be pressed into existence.
We press hard.
The wheels turn, the cogs pull, the extraction process is complete: syrup, children, art, money, money, money, money, money, MONEY.
Pressed, oppressed, the world is paved with sugarwives and those with whom they are caught in the industry of extraction.
Life has never been full enough for those who want more.
- Director Dolores Rice
- Lighting Designer Pedro Pacheco
- Costume Designer Maija Koppinen
- Set Desginer Clara Cohen
- Sound Designer Cameron McCauley
- Hannah Laura McAleenan
- Samuel Darren Moone
- Sarah Tierra Porter
- Alfred Adrian Mujkanovic
- Martha Eilish McLaughlin
- Company Stage Manager Aoife Malin
- Deputy Stage Manager Thomas Wall
- Assistant Stage Manager Ross Smith
- Assistant Production Manager Jovy Tan Ler Sin
- Set Construction Sean Tyrell
- Costume Alessandro Molina
- Chief LX Beth Thomas
- Programmer LX Callum Stanley
- Scenic Oliver Kampman
- Sound HOD Maeve Talbot
- Sound HOD Cris Nolan