Scenes with Girls
by Miriam Battye
"At school, were you one of the girls who talked about snogging, or assessment objectives?"
Other friends have come, got boyfriends and gone. So what? Tosh and Lou have each other.
They swear they’ll never be like the other girls. They refuse to sit in a narrative someone else thought up. They don’t need a happily ever after - they’re not interested in becoming cliches.
This is love. This is enough...isn’t it?
A searing interrogation of female friendship; all its beauty, power, toxicity and contradictions
Checkout the full Gradfest programme here
This play contains conversations around mental health and of a sexual nature.
Image credit: Dan Cretu
Copyright by Miriam Battye copyright agent: Alex Rusher of Independent Talent Group Ltd. 40 Whitfield Street, London WIT2RH,
*Welcome back to all The Lir Graduates working on these productions
- Director Ursula McGinn
- Set Design Florentina Burcea*
- Costume Design Toni Bailey
- Lighting Design Israel del Barco*
- Sound Design Lara Gallagher
- Hair and Makeup Val Sherlock
- Lou Aoife Morgan Jones
- Tosh Hannah Brady
- Fran Rachel Charny
- Boy Cúán Hosty-Blaney
- Stage Manager Eoin Daly
- Assistant Stage Manager Emily O’Riordan
- Assistant Production Manager Luke Jenkins
- Set Construction Sean Cassidy Tyrell
- Costume Supervisor Hanna Novak
- Lighting Chief Oisín McMahon
- Lighting Programmer Avram Rosewood
- Scenic Artist Thomas O'Shea
- Sound Department Leo Sheridan
- Sound Department Tom Barry