by Jean Genet (in a translation by Martin Crimp)
Book to see two or more Gradfest shows and get 30% off!
To book online simply put your tickets in your basket and the discount will automatically apply, or call box office on 01 896 2559 to book.
"Their truth is always elsewhere…" - Jean-Paul Sartre
Two maids spend their evenings playacting the ritual strangulation of their employer.
But, one day, the game takes a turn and they find themselves prisoners in their own plot.
Inspired by the real-life crime of the Papin sisters, The Maids is an apocalyptic whirlwind that explores the human desire to find meaning in life.
Image Credit: Exercise in cubism - Caroline O’Connor
*Welcome back to all The Lir Graduates working on these productions
- Stage Manager Rachel Bollard
- Assistant Stage Manager Dara Gill
- Assistant Production Manager Luke Jenkins
- Set Construction Emmet ‘Brady’ Dunne
- Costume Supervisor Aoife Malin
- Lighting Chief Archer Bradshaw
- Lighting Programmer Lucy Varley
- Sound Department Tom Barry
- Sound Department Leo Sheridan
- Scenic Artist Thomas O'Shea