by Alistair McDowall
If you have any further questions or wish to book over the phone, call us on +353 (0) 1 896 2559
“First the trees stopped singing.
Then they stopped breathing.
The colour left.
Then the light.
I’m the last generation that lived amongst the living."
The crew of the first research base on Pluto has lost contact with Earth. The world they left behind is dying. The birds no longer sing. Entire religions were formed around the last of the trees.
They sit waiting. Unable to leave the icy planet and unable to send for help.
Waiting to go home, but little is left for them there.
Waiting for someone to come save them.
Waiting. But what are they waiting for?
X was first presented by the English Stage Company in the Jerwood Theatre Downstairs at the Royal Court Theatre on 30th March 2016
Contains scenes of a graphic and violent nature, scenes of a sexual nature and sensitive content throughout: themes of death, loss, suicide, mental health. Strobe lights and theatrical haze will be used in this production.
Thank you to director Hilary Cahill from Dublin Academy of Dramatic Arts (DADA) who helped with the casting of Heidi Shannon.
Special thanks to Black Magic Design, ArtGrid.io.StoryBlocks.com and Elizabeth Bowe. Music created by artificial intelligence was generated by Creaited Labs(creaited.com) and orchestrated by Creative studio “Artnovi” (www.artnovi-project.com)
Sound samples provided by Found Sound Nation and Symphony For A Broken Orchestra. Symphony for a Broken Orchestra was commissioned by Temple Contemporary at The Tyler School of Art with major support provided by The Pew Center for Arts & Heritage with additional support from the Barra Foundation.
|€15 and €10 concession||€10 and €6 concession|
- Director / Video Designer Kevin Michael Reed
- Set Designer / Video Designer Rodolfo Villalobos
- Costume Designer Susan Yanofsky
- Lighting Designer Fenna von Hirschheydt
- Sound Designer Katya Solomatina
- Hair and Make Up Val Sherlock
- Gilda Amy Kidd
- Mattie Maura Bird
- Clark Felix Brown
- Cole Harry Buttler
- Ray Kyle Hixon
- Girl Heidi Shannon
- Company Stage Manager Mark Jackson
- Assistant Production Manager Marchje Jansen
- Assistant Stage Manager Josh Roxby
- Chief LX John Norton
- LX Programme Operator Maeubh Brennan
- Set Construction HOD Odhran Duigan
- Sound Design Coordinator Nicole Darragh
- Costume Supervisor Leanne Vaughey
- Scenic Artist HOD Laura Rainsford