by Anton Chekhov in a new version by Cordelia Lynn
If you have any further questions or wish to book over the phone, call us on +353 (0) 1 896 2559
“There can be no happiness for our generation. There can’t be, there won’t be…”
In a provincial Russian town outside Moscow, three sisters are waiting for their lives to begin - again.
The clock strikes twelve and the table in the hall is being laid for lunch.
Directed by Marc Atkinson Borrull, this enduring Chekhov classic is given a contemporary life in a new translation by Cordelia Lynn.
This version is a timeless examination of wistful nostalgia and the purpose of existence amidst incredible political and cultural change, with a delicate twist of humour.
Download the show programme here
Presented by arrangement with Nick Hern Books.
Image used with the kind permission of Margo McDaid https://margomcdaid.com/
Please note that masks/face covering are required at all times when in the building. If you cannot wear a mask and would like to attend, please get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more check out The Lir Academy's COVID-19 Masterplan 2021- 2022 here.
- Director Marc Atkinson Borrull
- Set Design Molly O’Cathain
- Lighting Design John Gunning*
- Costume Design LaurA Fajardo Castro*
- Sound Design Lara Gallagher
- Olga Sergeyevna Karen Kelly
- Masha Sergeyevna Kia Gates
- Irina Sergeyevna Aoife Morgan Jones
- Andrey Sergeyevich Cúán Hosty-Blaney
- Anfisa Rachel Charny
- Natasha Ivanovna Sophie Lenglinger
- Fyodor Ilyich Kulygin Peter Rothwell
- Ferapont Emmet Farrell
- Alexander Ignatevich Vershinin Oliver Flitcroft
- Nikolay Lvovich Tuzenbach David Rawle
- Vasily Vasilevich Solyony Konstantin Stanchev
- Ivan Romanovich Chebutykin Simon Alteen
- Alexey Hannah Brady
- Vladimir Daniel Mahon
- Maid Pattie Maguire
- Company Stage Manager Alannah O’Leary Murray
- Deputy Stage Manager Rachel Ellen Bollard
- Assistant Stage Manager Mela Sułowska
- Assistant Stage Manager Jovetta Tan Ler Sin
- Assistant Stage Manager Dragana Stevanic
- Construction HOD/TSM Adam Malone
- Scenic HOD Colm Lombard
- Chief LX Lucy Varley
- LX Programmer Avram Rosewood
- Sound HOD Thomas Barry
- Costume HOD Eoin Daly