Commandant Frank Butler has returned a hero from a peace keeping mission in the Middel East. The Irish state, using all the pomp it can muster, decamps to Friel’s imagined village of Ballybeg to honour his strength and bravery. But although he carried nine of his men to safety under enemy fire, Frank is not able to protect his fractured young family from the grief of their mother’s passing. Reunited now, in a delicate truce, his four children bear all the scars of growing up in a family that is not at peace with itself.
SMOKING EFFECTS USED THROUGHOUT THE PERFORMANCE
- Director Conall Morrison
- Set and Costume Designer Monica Frawley
- Lighting Designer Nick McCall
- Sound Designer Ivan Birthistle
- Hair and Makeup Lorraine Brennan
- Assistant Director Anushka Senanayake