Three Winters by Tena Štivičić
In the year when Ireland celebrates the centenary of the 1916 Rising, The Lir Academy presents the Irish premiere of Tena Štivičić’s epic play which charts the troubled birth of another European nation. Set in 1945, 1990 and 2011, Three Winters is a family saga told through the female lineage. It is a story of relationships during different times but with the same core themes of family bonds, tenacity and overcoming adversity.
First performed at The National Theatre in London in 2014, Three Winters won Štivičić the Susan Smith Blackburn Prize.
Flashing lighting and strobe lighting occurs during this production.
Scenes of a violent nature in this production.
Smoke occurs during the production.
- Director David Horan
- Set and Costume Designer Maree Kearns
- Lighting Design Kevin Smith
- Sound Design Ivan Birthistle
- Hair & Make-Up Val Sherlock
- Assistant Director Laura Bowler
- Alisa Kos Venetia Bowe
- Lucia Kos Ciara Ivie
- Maša Kos Amy McElhatton
- Dunja King Shannen Turner
- Old Karolina Amruš Lucy Johnson
- Young Karolina Amruš Fiona Rose Stout
- Rose King Simone Collins
- Monika Zima Gillian Buckle
- Vlado (Vladimir) Kos Paul Mescal
- Marko Horvat Charlie Maher
- Igor Maljević Curtis-Lee Ashqar
- Old Aleksandar King Kevin Creedon
- Young Aleksandar King Evan McCabe
- Karl Dolinar Darragh Shannon
- Marinka / TV Presenter / Damjan Damian Gildea